Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valley of the Sunburn




This weekend officialy started off my 2008 season.  Having ridden only 3 times all year my expectations were low going into the TT on Firday.  I went harder than I had planned on and thought that I put in a decent time, however the 40th place it earned said otherwise.  It is February.
I was a litle nervous about the 90 (OK 89) mile road race because the last time that I rode that long was early September.  After getting shot down going for the first king of the mountain climb, I decided to just try and survive in the pack.  My legs never cramped and although they had no top end what so ever, they could still last for 3:40.  Suprising, and it is only February.  After the first ten crahes in the first two laps everything settled down and in the end it came down to a sprint.  Of course this is perfect for me since I am pretty much the worlds strongest man.  Despite my lack of power I finished 26th and moved from a dismal 40th to a pathetic 27th in the GC.  It is February.
I am currently stuck in a hotel near the airport because there are no seats on planes out of here.  Hopefully I can get out early tomorrow so that I can go skiing before class resumes on Tuesday.