Saturday, April 5, 2008

Phoenix NMBS Part 1


I arrived at the phoenix airport a couple of nights ago with mixed feelings.  My 21 overall and 2nd U-23 in Fontana gave my high hopes for a decent result, especially because Sammy J and Colin are in Venezuela for Pan Am games.  However being the skinny climber that I am, the flat power  no passing course that is Phoenix is just about the worst course you could design for me; and I am sure they know this.  
After weaving my way through a group of skanky whores, I f
ound my bag and the exit of the terminal.  Trevor picked me up in his dad's truck because his jeep died in Flagstaff on its way to Fontana.  (May it rest in pieces.)  I couldn't reach the members of my team that I was supposed to be staying with, but Trevor offered me a spot in his camp site.  It w
as nice sleeping under the stars, however it was a little bit annoying to have to wake up every hour or so to roll onto a different ridge on the truck's bed liner to avoid serious internal bleeding.  I did reach Matt the next day and I must say that I didn't even mind the four pillows trying to suffocate me because the bed was amazing.  
Because this race doesn't matter for worlds selection, I am using it as preparation for the Offenburg (Germany) and Madrid world cups.  Because of that, and the fact that it is 38 and raining at home, I figured that if would be a good idea to spin over to the course and ride another lap on the XC course before the super D later in the day.  Well one lap turned into two and so on and so on until it was time for the race.  By the end of the day I had been on my bike from 10 am until 5:30pm.  Ok, I did take a hour break for lunch around 3.  I may be fried for 
Sundays race, but still pretty good training.  Check out the new machine: 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that seat hight a joke? it must be nipple high on a goulet.

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

its like a 500mil seat post, come on now..?