Monday, June 9, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle.


I spent a couple of days in Seattle last week helping Trevor drive his new car back to his house. I happen to know a really good tour guide in the area and she agreed to show me around the city while I was there. It is not very often that I get to experience cities and countries the same way that most people do. Usually I am there to race and that is all that I do. Just hang out in the hotel resting and waiting for the race. Then I race and leave. I don't have much time to walk around and usually just spend my time at the grocery store or local bakery. Not that there is anything wrong with that, however it was nice to be able to see the sights and just wander around. I got to go up into the Space Needle and stroll down Pike Place Market eating all of the Turkish candies, Russian rolls, and French pastries that I could. We also went by the fish market, the first Starbucks, and walked out onto the pier. Fortunately Sayoko was with us so I didn't feel too much like a tourist, although Trevor's purchase of a snow globe didn't help the situation. After all was said and done I didn't get back to the house until 4 am, and finally fell asleep at 4:20 only to be woken up at 5 to start the 13 hour drive back home. Sleepless in Seattle. I do not recommend starting your road trip off with 40 min of sleep. It tends to cause problems, however I feel that it was a justified sacrifice. After about 10 power naps, 15 Red Bulls, 5 coffees, a bag of swedish fish, and a pound of skittles I was awake, alive, and at my house ready for my next adventure.

1 comment:

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

sounds like early stages of adrenal fatigue.. wow.