Thursday, May 1, 2008

Belgian Showers to Spain’s Flowers

Because I am traveling alone and because I decided to go to Europe last minute, I pretty much didn't and don't have any set plans or places to stay.  I figured that I could get a flight from Frankfurt to Madrid, however that didn't work out.  Fortunately Sue was able to give me a ride to Brussels, which had flights to Madrid.  Belgium, for those of you who don't know, isn't known for its sun or attractive girls, so I left the next day to Madrid.  I had talked to a friend of Sager's and he had said that he would pick me up at the airport.  I have a euro phone so I figured all would be well.  After trying to wash off the fly I left the rain behind.














Upon arriving at the airport in Madrid, I discovered that my phone couldn't find service.  This was bad seeing as how I had no idea where to go or who to look for.  I told Sager's friend, Jose, to look for Ronald McDonald carrying a bike box.  This worked well and he found me after about 15 min.  Later I figured out that if I went in and selected the network manually, I could get the network in Spain that my Belgian carrier uses.  I knew that the girls in Spain are nuts, but Bimbo sandwiches? Seriously.  My dog would love this place (Pig legs).

No comments: